Sunday, May 22, 2016

San Francisco's attraction comes at a price.... so does Auckland's

Insightful article about the high cost of living in San Francisco... many commented in response to recent photos, on how they love the place. This piece draws on a highly innovative data set to throw light on the plight. Conclusion?

For the love of god, keep adding homes. Keep adding homes so things don’t get any worse and you’re not trapped in a lose-lose-lose shitstorm like San Francisco.

Here is the paper.

Very relevant to NZ and in particular Auckland housing bothers - as expected it concerms free lunches, the middle classes and failure to face trade offs. Surprise.

4 comments:

  1. It has me bluffed why anyone would want to live in San Francisco. Maybe I missed something. Its hilly, difficult, and cold. I know there is plenty of city life, but as you say the average low asset anti democrat like me is not within a progressive Bull's roar of SF home prices, no. Better down South in the warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has me bluffed why anyone would want to live in San Francisco. Maybe I missed something. Its hilly, difficult, and cold. I know there is plenty of city life, but as you say the average low asset anti democrat like me is not within a progressive Bull's roar of SF home prices, no. Better down South in the warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has me bluffed why anyone would want to live in San Francisco. Maybe I missed something. Its hilly, difficult, and cold. I know there is plenty of city life, but as you say the average low asset anti democrat like me is not within a progressive Bull's roar of SF home prices, no. Better down South in the warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete