On another grim note I see the Greens have concluded that people are simply “paying too much” for electricity. This conclusion apparently arises since:
- Demand is dropping
- Clearly no investor is making a fortune out of the sector
- Inflation is running at 1%
- Power prices are rocketing along at 3% or so
- Even the absence of competition can’t account for it
- And NZ has the highest switching rate in the world
Obvious conclusion apparently is, “simply paying too much”. How could this be? Moreover how will a totally centralised supply commissariat stop these errant fools paying “too much”.
I believe God may have told Adam he “paid too much for it” as well… mind you the Apple and Pear Board never believed him.